Campbell Global has developed a strong and recognized philosophy regarding our forest management operations. We continue to be a pioneer in developing and implementing the standards by which institutional owners can measure results and performance.
Campbell Global has considerable expertise in timberland management and forest management. We manage timberland operations that have hundreds of millions of dollars in annual log sales revenue and have produced significant cash flows to our investors. Through our annual operations, we have marketed logs to over 640 destinations, processed thousands of payments, and traveled over one million road miles.
Campbell Global has excellent relationships with major landowners, as well as the federal and state agencies that regulate timberland and forest management operations. We have been publicly recognized several times by these agencies for our forest management practices, stewardship, and performance.
The following is a brief outline of our philosophies and practices.
- Forest management is vertically integrated within Campbell Global operations in the US. Outside the US, we utilize the most appropriate forest management regime for the asset and the region, whether that be employing on-site professionals or using a third party provider.
- We are committed solely to the resource of timber and timberland as contrasted with integrated forest products companies. We apply sound business practices in our daily and long-term operations and are not forced to supply fiber to a mill. Our capital structure blends with the long-term economics of the forest.
- Our foundation principle is to add value to the assets we acquire. Because we offer a full-continuum of services, we can begin immediate operation of a newly acquired tree farm. This provides immediate cash flow for our clients, as well as a smooth transition from the previous owner for people and facilities dependent on the tree farm operation.
- Our goal is to enhance long-term value by blending historically proven forestry practices with new forestry techniques. We move each acquisition to sustained production over time with the objective of improving the composition and value of the forest after harvest.
- We employ personnel with expertise at each phase of the forest life cycle. We replant immediately, allow for natural regeneration where economics are favorable, focus on vegetation and animal control to ensure success, and actively manage the thinning process to optimize growth of the forest. The species of trees we plant and manage are dependent upon which species are the most economically suited to the characteristics of the tree farm.
- Professional forest management goes beyond the growing of timber. Our practices include developing strong relationships with regulators, environmental concerns, customers, contractors, and property neighbors. The ability to efficiently perform harvest operations strongly depends upon our actions in the field. We have been publicly recognized several times by federal and state agencies for our forest management practices.
- Forest management generally involves timber stumpage sales and log sales when appropriate. Campbell Global's foresters provide an unequaled pool of experience. These foresters, with an average of over 25 years of experience, work directly on the ground at the tree farm level, managing each property to optimal performance.
- We manage timberlands in a manner designed to balance current cash flow, timber growth, capital appreciation, and prudent environmental management in order to maintain and increase the economic and productive capacity of the forest over time.
- We believe that opportunities exist to improve timberland productivity and yield through concentrated silviculture practices on a species and site-specific basis. In particular, we accelerate the adoption of state-of-the-art silviculture and management techniques in our operations.