What Sets Us Apart
Our approach to timber and natural resource investment management sets Campbell Global apart.
AN OPPORTUNISTIC APPROACH TO INVESTING
- We capitalize on market inefficiencies to find undervalued timberlands and other natural resources.
- Properties are sourced, evaluated, and acquired on an opportunistic basis.
- This leads to a diverse portfolio of timberlands of varying age classes, species, and regions.
TRANSACTIONS OF SCALE
- Campbell Global's disposition strategy capitalizes on a wholesale-to-retail effect to enhance total investment return.
- Larger transactions create economies of scale for our clients.
- We remain nimble enough to execute on smaller and more strategic acquisitions.
We encourage our clients to be as involved as they want to be at every step. Clients are able to participate in:
- The full evaluation of acquisition analysis and research.
- The detailed review of quarterly property budgets.
- The complete disposition analyses and information.
- The review of financing alternatives and analysis.
Our goal is continuous communication with no surprises.
VERTICALLY INTEGRATED COMPANY
A strong philosophy drives Campbell Global's decision-making in every facet of our forest and natural resource operations.
- Where it is financially efficient and practical, forest and natural resource management is vertically integrated. All on-site forestry professionals are employed by Campbell Global.
- Because we offer a full continuum of services, we can begin immediate operation of a newly acquired tree farm. This provides immediate cash flow for our clients and a smooth transition from the previous owner.
Our forestry personnel have expertise at each phase of the forest life cycle.
COMPETITIVE COST STRUCTURE AND FEES
- Campbell Global does not charge any acquisition or disposition fees.
- Asset management fee and cost reimbursements are designed to cover all services at approximate cost.
- The majority of our compensation is performance-based.
"We helped create the timber investment business and, by definition, are entrepreneurial. In our day-to-day business, we're creative and resourceful, unlike a lot of larger businesses that have become bureaucratic. You can see it in the acquisition strategies we pursue, the day-to-day management of our people, our resource planning, or the technologies we employ."
- John Gilleland, Chief Executive Officer & Chairman